In order to foster innovative bridges and problem-solving between scientists, practitioners, technologists and entrepreneurs, the 2017 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (December 5-7th) will host a Brainnovations Pitch Contest on December 6th. Early-stage startups will submit their elevator pitch and 1-2 page business plan, and up to 16 selected Finalists will get to pitch their idea to the Judges and to all Summit participants in one of 4 categories: Healthcare, Workplace, Education, and Quality of Life.
Alvaro Fernandez, SharpBrains‘ CEO, and Dr. Bob Bilder, Director of the UCLA Tennenbaum Center for the Biology of Creativity, will co-run the event to ensure a fun, stimulating and meaningful contest.
Confirmed members of the Judging Panel–our very own “Sharp Tank“–include:
- Adam Haim, PhD, Chief of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Alexandra Morehouse, Chief Marketing Officer at Banner Health
- Ariel Garten, Founder and Chief Evangelism Officer at InteraXon
- Bill Reichman, MD, President and CEO of Baycrest
- Bill Tucker, Senior Advisor to the K12 Education Program at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Charlie Hartwell, Operating Partner at Bridge Builders Collaborative
- Colin Milner, Founder and CEO of the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA)
- Danny Dankner, CEO and Co-founder of Applied Cognitive Engineering
- David Barash, MD, Chief Medical Officer and ED of Global Health at GE Foundation
- Eduardo Briceño, CEO and Co-founder of Mindset Works
- Edward Kliphuis, Investment Director at Merck Ventures
- John Cammack, Angel Investor
- Karen Postal, PhD, President of the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN)
- Kathleen Herath, Associate Vice President Health & Productivity at Nationwide Insurance
- Lisa Neuberger, Managing Director of Strategy + Innovation at Accenture Corporate Citizenship
- Neil Allison, Director of Business Model Innovation at Pearson North America
- Zack Lynch, General Partner at Jazz Venture Partners
More details coming on August 1st…Click HERE to learn more.
via SharpBrains https://sharpbrains.com